Thursday 19 April 2007

What is this blog?

This is just another blog about my everyday battle to keep up to date with development languages, patterns and practices, oo design while at the same time keeping the wife happy. ;-) I may even throw in the odd thing about Rugby League and the best Rugby League team in the world 'The Saints'.

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/

In all seriousness, It seems that we learn new concepts on a daily basis, however when we do not use them we soon forget them and start applying them incorrectly. This is hopefully a way for me to write down my thoughts on these subjects and enable me to look back when I am banging my head against a wall to give me inspiration. Well thats the idea anyway, whether it works, well who knows, maybe it will even inspire some of you!!! I Doubt it tho.

Appologies for my english, not my best subject at school, although what was. ;-).

Anyway, I am currently some way through reading the book;

'APPLYING UML AND PATTERNS An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Iterative Development 3rd Edition'

by Craig Larman.

I would recommend this book to any developer at any level, and wish I had read it before now. If you have not bought it or read it, buy it NOW and read it tommorrow, do not wait.

I will start talking about modeling rather than what Larman starts with which is in a nutshell Unified Process and Agile Development, thats because thats the bit i'm wading through now while lighting bolts flash over my head and big Ahhhaaaa escapes from my mouth, as I start to understand stuff I have known for years but never formalised.

For an overview on Agile Methodologies goto :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

Anyway ive started now so hopefully I can keep this up, but as developers we all know it never finishes. We must be MAD!!!

Catcha later.

Paul

No comments: